You can count on Rick Steves to tell you what you really need to know when traveling in Copenhagen and throughout the best of Denmark.
Rick Steves covers the essentials of Copenhagen and the best of Denmark, including Roskilde, Frederiksborg Castle, Legoland, and Ærø Island. Visit Copenhagen’s Tivoli Gardens or appreciate the historical, classical architecture of the Cathedral of Our Lady and Copenhagen University. You’ll get Rick’s firsthand advice on the best sights, eating, sleeping, and nightlife, and the maps and self-guided tours will ensure you make the most of your experience. More than just reviews and directions, a Rick Steves Snapshot guide is a tour guide in your pocket.
Rick Steves Snapshot guides consist of excerpted chapters from Rick Steves’ European country guidebooks. Snapshot guides are a great choice for travelers visiting a specific city or region, rather than multiple European destinations. These slim guides offer all of Rick’s up-to-date advice on what sights are worth your time and money. They include good-value hotel and restaurant recommendations, with no introductory information (such as overall trip planning, when to go, and travel practicalities).
Copenhagen is an easy to navigate town for tourists, from its many cobbled squares and narrow streets, to Stroget, the world's largest pedestrian street for shoppers. This guide includes dining tips from the most elegant to the most well-known, frikadeller (meatballs) and polser (hot dogs) and a complete overview of the restaurants that change during the day from cafes to hot clubs at night. Discover where to shop for edgy Danish fashion and home goods, as well as the best flea markets. Out of town day trips to Malmo (Sweden) and the Danish Riviera, home of the famed Louisiana Museum of Art are also covered.
The ultimate pocket map of Copenhagen!
Explore the chic city of Copenhagen with the help of this genuinely pocket-sized, pop-up map. Small in size yet big on detail, this compact, dependable, city map will ensure you don't miss a thing.
* Includes 2 popout maps – a detailed street map of Copenhagen city centre as well as an overview map of greater Copenhagen
* Additional transit maps are also included as well as a locator map showing Copenhagen in relation to neighbouring towns
* Handy, self-folding, tourist map is small enough to fit in your pocket yet offers extensive coverage of the city in an easy-to-use format
* Thorough street index is also featured and cross-referenced to the map so you can easily find your destination
* Key places of interest are listed offering you advice on the best things to see
* Hotels, restaurants, stores and attractions are all included on the map