"Making money through real estate investments isn't as simple as buying up property and hoping for the best -- you have to know what you're doing. The fact is, how you manage a property directly affects how profitable it will be.
The Property Management Tool Kit goes beyond the basics, giving you all the guidance you need to successfully manage your properties, avoid pitfalls, and make a profit. You'll find out how to:
• Add value to your property, including which improvements to make or avoid
• Address legal concerns, tenant issues, and administration and maintenance
• handle monetary factors such as cash flow, record-keeping, and rent collection
• Expand your portfolio and establish financial goals
• Hire a team, partner with vendors, and use advertising
In addition, you'll find helpful management tools: a market survey; rental criteria; and sample documents and forms, including a rental application, a lease, a guest screening card, rules and regulations, renewals, a vacancy report, a maintenance log, and much more. Practical and informative, this is the one book you need to successfully manage your properties."
Discover how to be a landlord with ease
Thinking about becoming a landlord? Property Management Kit For Dummies gives you proven strategies for establishing and maintaining rental properties, whether a single family or multi-resident unit. You'll find out how to prepare and promote your properties, select tenants, handle repairs, avoid costly mistakes and legal missteps—and meet your long-term goals.
Now you can find out if you really have what it takes to successfully manage a rental property, and you'll learn all about the various options for hiring someone else to manage your property for you. You'll find out the right way to prepare your properties for prospective tenants, set the rent and security deposit, clean up properties between tenants, and verify rental applications. In no time at all, you can become a top-notch property manager by working efficiently with employees and contractors to keep your properties safe and secure.
Complete with lists of ten reasons to become a rental property owner, ten ways to rent your vacancy, and the ten biggest mistakes a landlord can make, Property Management Kit For Dummies helps you achieve your dream of being a successful residential rental property owner.
CD-ROM and other supplementary materials are not included as part of the e-book file, but are available for download after purchase.
THE ABC'S OF PROPERTY MANAGEMENT tells readers:
• Evaluate your skills and personality to see whether you have what it takes to be a landlord
• Keep your units occupied with paying tenants who don't destroy your property
• Move in your new tenants and move them out – and everything in between
• Assemble the right team of professionals to help you, from employees to contractors
• Insure your property and understand the taxes that go with it
• Look for additional sources of income beyond rent, including theopportunities and pitfalls of lease options
While many of life's lessons can be uncovered by trial and error, property management shouldn't be one of them – the mistakes are too costly and the legal ramifications too severe. In this book, you'll find proven strategies to make rental property ownership and management not only profitable but pleasant as well.